Slidepad 704ce is based on a Allwinner A13 SingleOnChip. The ROM cooking procedure of Allwinner A10 & A13 devices is done thru 3 main steps :
- Extraction of original firmware (under Windows)
- Modification of filesystem components (under Linux)
- Assembly of final firmware (under Windows)
The filesystem components that may be modified are typically :
- the bootloader
- the root filesystem
- the recovery filesystem
- the /system filesystem
This article will explain the simple steps needed to cook a new ROM for a Slidepad 704ce. This process needs 2 different computer environments :
- Windows for ROM extraction and repacking
- Ubuntu for filesystem modifications (but any other Linux flavour should do).
It has been specifically written for Slidepad 704ce ROM cooking, but it should be applicable to many (if not any) Allwinner A10 or A13 SoC devices.